Friday, September 5, 2014

13 Hours in a Plane (or Two)

 Hola todos,

We arrived in Argentina yesterday, and flew 13 hours in various flights over 25 hours (with a five hours time zone change)! Below is what I've done during the past two days, most of which involved driving, flying, or waiting in an airport.


7:30 am, Wednesday, September 3
A smaller group of us took a shuttle from Pepperdine to LAX, and then got in line for boarding passes. It took forever for everyone to check their bags and get passes, but both of my bags were under 80 pounds combined and I got my boarding passes without a hitch.

10 am
Security lines with 66 students. I feel like that is pretty self-explanatory. (That's the beautiful Jayci Givens in the foreground.)

12:12 pm
We boarded our flight to Houston. I got a window seat = sleep!

5:49 pm (Houston time)
We landed at IAH and lounged around during our layover. I bought dinner (expensive airport food, grr...) and charged my laptop.


8:45 pm
We boarded the flight to Argentina! Time for 10 hours of uncomfortable sitting/sleeping (and I only got 4 hours of sleep). But hey, I got to watch Captain America 2 and American Hustle.

9:05 am, (Argentina time) Thursday, September 3
We arrived at Ezezia (EZE), Argentina, got our luggage, and drove the school house, "Casa Holden".

12:30 pm
Our first lunch together was an "asado", which is a cookout-like meal with sandwiches with grilled meat. We also got Argentine ice cream/gelato after the main meal!

3:30 pm
My homestay madre, Ines, picked me up from the Casa and brought me to my new home for the next 8 months!

7:30 pm
After unpacking and getting oriented to my new surroundings Ines, and I ate an early dinner. I was exhausted from my limited sleep the past few days, so I crashed soon after.

The trip here to Argentina, and my first (partial) day in the city, were so eventful and informative, I am already planning future posts. I am so excited to continue this adventure that I have begun, and I can't wait to share all of my findings with you :)

Besos,

Tina the Exploradora


No comments:

Post a Comment