Saturday, September 14, 2024

Summer/Fall 2024: What's to Come

Hola todos,

Good morning from New York City! My new home, and the best city in the world.

But no matter how much New York has to offer, nothing can scratch that travel itch quite like getting on a plane and holding on to your passport for dear life. And when an impending job transition gave me the opportunity to take a few weeks to explore, who was I to refuse? So yes, dear readers: travels are imminent.

Where will I be venturing? So glad you asked:

🗺️ CDMX, or Mexico City, Mexico


I've been to Mexico plenty of times--growing up in Arizona, it was easy to get there. But I've never been to Mexico City! And since I've been wanting to check this one off for a while, I figured now was the time. CDMX is sometimes compared with New York City; I'll be going from one big city to another. I'll be bringing a special guest with me, though, and have promised to experience the city at a reasonable pace. If "underconsumption core" and "loud budgeting" are the trendy phrases of the moment, I'm going to coin and (attempt to) embrace "slow traveling." You be the judge of whether or not I effectively execute. Stay tuned.

🗺️ Santa Fe Wine & Chile Fiesta

Okay, okay, yes, I know that Santa Fe, New Mexico is not international travel. BUT while I am on that side of the country, I figured I could schedule in some time to hit up this festival that I've had my eye on for a few years! And I'll get to explore Santa Fe with some family who lives there. May or may not get a blog post, but I'm nothing if not over-transparent on this blog, so here we are.

🗺️Italy


Are you KIDDING me?!?!? I have been trying to get to Italy for the better part of a decade, but other plans and travels kept popping up. I cannot express through words just how excited I am for this leg of my summer travels, so I will have to rely on italicizing every other word and lots of exclamation marks for emphasis.
Over the course of three weeks (!!) I'll be checking out Rome, Tuscany, and Florence. I knew I wouldn't be able to "do it all" (as if one ever can) in a mere three weeks, especially for a country with as rich a  history as Italy. And, in our attempts to embrace Slow Traveling, we must build in time for rest. But that doesn't mean I won't be doing plenty and updating you all along the way! I plan on walking literally everywhere, eating my weight in pasta and pastries, and doing a few day trips on the off-chance that I run out of touristy things to do. (Spontaneity? Who is she?) And I am once again flying a budget airline #BabeOnABudget, so stay tuned for any packing-related drama and flight reviews.

It will be a [late] summer [/early fall] to remember! I'll be updating this blog at least every other day, if not every day. (It all depends on how much I end up doing. WeareembracingSlowTraveling. WeareembracingSlowTraveling.) So come along with me--I'm happy you're here!

Besos,

Tina the Exploradora

No comments:

Post a Comment